Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vacation is almost over!

Jeff's vacation is almost over and today we are relaxing.

The past 4 days have been great. On Sunday, we went to Terre Haute for some visiting and attended our old church. I really miss it. I think the kids do to. Unfortunately, it ended with some very sad news. A son of one of the members died in Afghanistan. His family is still in my prayers. I do not know them, but I just can't imagine! My mom got the kids some fun Valentine's things. Cassidy loves her princess placemat!
On Monday, we each took a kid on a "date". I took Jaden to Bouncertown and the mall. We had so much fun. Jaden spent over 2 hours running and jumping around. At the mall, we got candy, ate at the food court, shopped at the Disney store, and shared a Strawberry Oreo shake at Johnny Rockets. We had so much fun. Jeff took Cassidy to Chick fil a and the book store. It was so nice spending one on one time with Jaden. We rented Space Buddies and relaxed on the couch all together.
On Tuesday, we went to the Children's museum. We decided to buy a membership so we can go there more often this year. Now, I can take the kids any time! We had so much fun and Cassidy LOVED the carousel! Jaden really liked the Comics area. Afterward, we went to the Spaghetti Factory downtown. I love that place. The kids really enjoyed it too. We got to sit in the trolley!

Today, we are relaxing, but we had a few things to do. We checked out a preschool for Cassidy. I think she will start next week. It is only one day a week until May. Starting in September, she will go two days a week. I think this will be good for all of us! Now, we are getting ready to go to a Valentine party with some other homeschoolers. Jaden had to sign 45 cards!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Tomorrow, we are back on schedule with school and Friday, we have a playdate! The kids will also be making Valentine cookies on Saturday and getting lots of goodies! I can't wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO, I love the spaghetti factory!