Friday, January 22, 2010

Dining Room and Healthy Pancakes!

After painting the front room, I knew I needed to paint the dining room the same color, since they flow together. So, it is now finished. Well, the painting that is. I have so many more plans for this room. I will have to post about all of those!



Some of my favorite things in the room that will not be moving!


And my most favorite! LOL

I hope to paint the table and hutch black or white. I have not figured out which color yet! Any ideas? I seriously think this room will turn into an office in the future. The dining room will then move into the front room (the room from the last post). I will also be painting a harlequin design on one wall in here. I just wish I could have someone come and do it all for me. But, then I wouldn't have the feeling of accomplishment that comes afterward!
Jeff is working tonight, so I have chili simmering on the stove. Jeff doesn't like chili, but I am hoping the kids will! With Cassidy having a cold, I though it might be good for her! I am also going to add a few extra peppers!
I feel like this is going to be a good year for us. I learned so much last year that I am getting to apply to this year. We are healthier than ever! I hope to get even healthier. We are trying to eat more whole foods and staying away from most junk. Of course, having kids and a husband keeps the word "most" in there. Ok, and I will admit, I love me some junk food now and then! I hope to put up some of my favorite recipes up here over the next few days! Everyone loves healthy recipes this time of year!
Here is one to get you started!
I use this recipe every time I make pancakes!
Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 egg
1 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. milk
2 tbsp. melted shortening or vegetable oil ( I use applesauce)
1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Beat egg until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth (for thinner pancakes add 1/4 cup more milk). Grease heated griddle.
Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter from spoon or pitcher on griddle or pan. Cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook on other side until golden brown. Makes about 9 4-inch thick pancakes.


0 comments: