Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today started out as a normal day.....

The sky was blue and beautiful this morning. I couldn't wait for Jeff's day off. We just never know what we are going to do. Jeff had to pick up new glasses at Lenscrafters this morning (he broke his reaching for the alarm clock!). Jaden had school this morning. I am starting summer school with him so he will be ready for August. It is really fun. He loves sitting in his antique desk and getting all of that attention. We started the day with the Ten Commandments for kids. I have decided to start every day with that. Then, we do 3 pages out of his Summer Bridge book. I love those books! He is doing the K-1 book! It's amazing. After some play outside and lunch, I headed to Big Lots. On my way, my mom called and let me know that their house had just been broken into. She just got a job this week, and when she came home today, she found her house a mess. They even think she scared them off. The bad news, they got away with several thousand dollars! I am feeling so sorry for them, but also, very thankful that they are okay. You never know what kind of people you are dealing with. I am so grateful that they decided to run away instead of confronting my mom. Now, she has to deal with the feeling of having her personal privacy invaded. I hope she knows that our prayers are with her.
Anyway, about Big Lots. I am so excited I went today. We found this for $20!:
http://www.nestfamily.com/Hooked-on-Phonics-Bible-Stories-Deluxe-Edition-P79281.aspx
I am so excited to get started on this. Jaden is too. I think this will be a great addition to our Summer Bridge learning.
Tomorrow is Jaden's first softball game, not practice. I hope he does a great job. I will get several pictures. I hope everyone is having a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your parents weren't physically harmed!!! I feel so badly for them! We use Summer Bridge too and love it!

Ry said...

What a great deal!!

I'm so sorry for your parents. I will be praying for them.