Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunday and Monday...... (also get a tad political!)

We had a great time Sunday. It was my dad's 59th birthday. We celebrated with hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, eating cake and homemade ice cream! Of course, I made the cake! It was a cupcake cake. It had chocolate cupcakes with creme filling and vanilla buttercream. I haven't decorated a cake in awhile, so don't be too harsh! LOL

For those of you who don't know what that is on top, it is Cornhole. We love to play that game when we get together. Now that the weather is warmer, I am hoping we do it a lot more!
We went to church on Sunday night and Jeff got to join Jaden during his chapel. He said Jaden is very well behaved and was very proud of him. It is nice to get into his world sometimes. We also learned that he prays by getting down on the floor and putting his head down. That is so cool. We love seeing Jaden learn more about Jesus and becoming a Christian.
Yesterday, Jeff took Jaden to the Hoosier Patriot Memorial to celebrate Memorial Day. He placed a couple of flags there. It was nice for them to share this. I got some much needed rest while they were gone.

We mowed the yard, I planted some plants I got from my mom, and we just rested. It was a nice day.
Today, we have softball practice. I plan on getting an organization system going for home. I want to be organized by the time August comes around.
Have a great week!
By the way,
I planned on not getting political on this site, but I just had to post this... Wow, disarming America (what is he thinking?).....

2 comments:

Ry said...

That cake is way too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cake! We love cornhole too! :-) Your weekend sounds great...Obama sounds SCARRRRRRRYYYY. I am so glad the God is always on His throne!!!