Monday, September 8, 2008

Sunday

We had a great time yesterday. It felt so good to go back to our regular church. I just wish we could find one in Indianapolis that makes us feel as comfortable. Sometimes, I think we are being too picky, but there are just some things that make us feel more comfortable. Some of the things we enjoy at our current church are:
1. Pastor Scot (I learn something every time I listen to Scot and I truly believe God is working through him in amazing ways!)
2. Worship time (We love the contemporary feel of worship and feel that we should be singing to the Lord and not just for fun.)
3. Communion (We have found several churches who use intinction, short communion time, no time for praying during communion)
4. Community (There are several ways to get involved)
5. Children's Ministry (Wow, we just love this part! Jaden learns something new everytime, there are outside activities, he has learned how to pray there, worship time)
We have prayed about finding a new church and we have also been to several. The last one we visited we felt somewhat comfortable. We could definitely go back, but I still didn't feel like it was where we should be. Will I feel this? I just thought I would walk in and know I belong.
We went to my parent's house for my mom's birthday and my sister in law's birthday. We had a great time. Here are the cupcakes I made for her:



My sister in law had gastric bypass surgery awhile back and cannot eat cake, so this is what my mom made her! LOL


I have a few good pictures of my mom, but she would kill me if I posted pictures! She does not like to get her picture taken. But, I was so happy to get one of her and Jaden laughing together!
I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Ry said...

Everyone agrees that we need to buy those pecan cupcakes next time!

Lauren and Justin said...

those cupcakes look yummmmmm!

Anonymous said...

We moved away from our "home church" two years ago, and I still haven't found a place that compares!

(That wasn't very comforting, was it?)