Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today is a good day!


As most of you know, I have been losing weight for over 2 years now. It came off fast at first, but this passed year has proven to be the hardest. I have hovered around the same weight. I decided a few months ago that I was ready to get to my goal weight. Well, I am not quite there yet (only 8 pounds left), but I am so close! I have been eating healthier and running a lot! I feel better and have more energy than ever! It really has been a lifestyle change. I gave up fast food 2 years ago, quit eating junk all day, and have learned to love vegetables! It makes me happy to hear Jaden say "I want to eat something healthy for supper" or to watch Cassidy eat an omelet stuffed with vegetables! I am thrilled with the changes that have happened.
Jaden took this picture of me this morning and I barely recognize myself!

Yesterday, the kids and I went to the park with some friends. We had a great time! It is so nice to just talk and watch the kids play! Afterward, Jaden got his school picture taken. I can't wait to get them back!
This weekend is going to be a busy one! Saturday we have soccer pictures, soccer practice, a birthday party, and a concert! I am so excited about the concert! We are dropping the kids off at Grandma and Papa's and going out for the evening. We are going to stay the night in a hotel and hopefully go swimming in the morning! I can't wait! It is definitely much needed!
I hope everyone is having a great week!

9 comments:

Teresa said...

You look AMAZING!!!!! Congratulations, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

You look great, keep up the good work.

Blog looks great!

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/

Bern said...

Hi! I just came across your blog today while I'm at work trying to avoid the obvious. I'm a cupcaker myself and love scapbooking and fighting the battle of the bulge (well I don't love the last one, but its a lifesyle adjustment). Too many things in common. good luck with your journey and thanks for adding a little spark to my day. Also, I'm soo annoyed about the Clay thing also, same reasons you are. Especailly trying to play up on the God thing. Have a great day! Brandy - bellabern@gmail.com

Ry said...

You look so good! Hawt Mama! ;)

Anonymous said...

you look amazing.
from head to toe.
your aura of CALMNESS.
the way your holding your body.
all of it.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hi Leanne - Do you have an email and I can send you a link to some printable coupons if you want to go to CVS tomorrow.
gschmidt22@yahoo.com

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Hmm - my last comment deleted...bummer. Anyhow, I was going to have you email me so that I could send you some coupons, but better yet, in the last hour I just found this new blog where the lady is putting every little thing about CVS on it....I know all this info but would never put all of this so copy/paste this link into your browser and she has all these different scerios along with printable coupons. Some I got to print, some I didn't. I know the sales dates just changed where I live, so you need to find out if your sales are good through tomorrow...otherwise, these may be old. Have fun!!
http://blessing-others.blogspot.com/2008/09/this-week-at-cvs-september-21-27-2008.html

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS are in order! It's amazing that not only you but your family's in love with healthy food. I'm so happy for you and wish you the very best.

Blessings - Debbie

Anonymous said...

You look really good.